How do I ...?
- Access databases from off campus
- Borrow a laptop
- Borrow and renew books
- Catalog Search Tips
- Connect my laptop
- Find books in the Main Library
(Library Location Codes)
- Find something from the lost and found
- Find the SRC Library
- Make photocopies
- Order documents
- Pay overdue fines
- Place a hold
- Print in the Main library
- Reserve a Graduate Student Study Carrels
- Recommend books for the library to purchase
- Report a missing book
- Scan photos/documents
- Search/view in Arabic
- Submit E-Thesis
Guides and General FAQ's
Library Service Guides
- Using eBooks
- Using the Library
- Document Delivery & External Resources
- Step-by-Step Guide to Library Research
AUC students and faculty can borrow laptops with their AUC ID card at the Circullation Desk on the Plaza level of Main Library. Laptops can only be used inside of the Main Library.
- Sunday - Thursday 09:00a.m. - 06:00p.m.
- Tuesday --------------09:00a.m. - 04:00p.m
Using valid AUC ID card, books may be borrowed at 3 locations in the Main Library:
- Circulation Desk located on plaza level
- Self-Checkout units located on plaza level, first floor and 2nd floor of the Main Library
Self-Checkout units will issue a receipt
that should be kept as a reminder of the due data.
If assistance is needed please do not hesitate to contact the Circulation staff.
Your are accountable for items borrowed on your ID so never let another person use your ID card or borrow items for another person.
Books can be renewed on or before the due date provided there is no hold on the book. Use one of the following locations or services to renew books:
- Circulation Desk-- located on plaza level
- By telephone: 2615-4827
- By E-mail:email@example.com
- Through the Library Web site at: http://lib.aucegypt.edu/patroninfo/
Current AUC Student, Faculty and Staff can connect to the wireless network.
- Students should select the student wireless Network,
- Faculty and staff should select the faculty and staff wireless Network.
- Open a web browser and enter your AUC email and password as shown below:
On the screen below you will find 3 options, by clicking on Continue to this website (not recommeded) your laptop will be connected to AUC wireless network.
In general, books in the Main Library are shelved by Library of Congress call number in many different locations. Make note of the location before attempting to find an item.
For items with the location Main Library, those with call numbers beginning with A - HE are on the first floor and HF - Z are on the second floor.
Other locations that you may see in the online catalog include:
- Ground Floor Periodicals - ground floor
- Main Reference - plaza level, reference
- Main Reference Cupboard - Reference Desk, first floor
- Main RSRVE - Reserve Desk, plaza floor
- SPCL - Rare Books and Special Collections Library
- SRC - Social Research Center Library
The Lost and Found office is located at Gate4 (Pepsi Gate). If the item was lost in the Library, you may also check at the Information desk on the plaza floor of the Main Library.
The Social Research Center Library is located at 106 Kasr el Aini St. on the 11th floor of the Cairo Center. Please see the SRC Library Web site for more information.
Photocopy service is available on the first and ground floors of the library.
First floor Room 1040 from 08:30a.m. - 09:00p.m.
Ground floor Room G20 from 08:30a.m. - 09:00p.m.
Journal articles, newspaper stories, and book chapters that are not available from the library can be ordered via the Document Delivery service.
Currently enrolled students should go to the Circulation Desk in the Main Library and sign the Library Charge Notification form. The fine will then be added to your tuition fees.
All other patrons must go to the Circulation Desk and collect the Pay Order Form and then pay the fine at the Admin cashier's office (Sunday - Thursday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm). The Receipt from this payment must be presented to the library Circulation Desk in order to clear your record.
If a book is checked out staff at the Circulation Desk can place a "hold" on the checked out item. When the item is available a notice will be sent to the patron via e-mail and the book will be held for pick-up for seven days at the Circulation Desk.
To Print from the public computer terminals in the Main Library do the following:
- Select print from the application that you are using
- Type in a name for your print job (e.g. your name) in the PHAROS window
- Note: you will receive no confirmation of your print job
- Make a note of your computer number, located on the top left hand side of your computer monitor (e.g. PAL ###)
- Pick up and pay for your print out at the PRINT STATION on the plaza floor
- From library databases: make sure you follow the instructions for printing within the database itself
To Print from personal laptop
- To follow the steps Click here
Please send any book request via e-mail to the Collection Development department at Book Request Form
To report a missing book in the MAIN LIBRARY, please fill out a Search form at the Circulation Desk on the plaza floor. To report a missing book from the MAIN REFERENCE location, please fill out a Search form at the Reference Desk on the plaza floor.
There is a scanner available to all library patrons on the plaza floor of the LLT building.